Thursday, August 18, 2005

From London to Paris

I can totally recommend to Paris visitors dinner on the terrace at the Cafe de l'Homme at the Trocadero. The view is incredible, over the park and the seine to the tower. It is a bit too beautiful people for my liking but the view definitely makes up for it.

I went to London to meet my lovely friends Shiralee and Anthony for their first time there. I also got to have a nice dinner, brunch and afternoon in the sun on Emma's roof terrace before they arrived. We did the double decker bus thing which was good after walking past the palace in the morning. We did a Jack the Ripper walking tour and had great curry. We also got to tour the tower of London, wander past the globe, see the Tower bridge opening for a ship and catch a show. Phew! May I just say now too that Kevin Spacey was fabulous in the show which we saw, the Philadelphia Story. After the kids left, I continued on to a great morning with my friend Brigid before lunch with Emma and a lightening fast shop before getting back on the Eurostar.

Once back in Paris, Lee and Anth came and joined me on the Friday night for dinner below Sacre Coeur and a wander around Montmartre. The following day, we toured the flea market and then Anthony allowed us girls to hit the shops. We did a little damage but not over much. Maybe when I go back for that nice top though... The day ended at my favourite Brasserie Flo where we overindulged as I always do.

On the Sunday, Anthony and I both celebrated our birthday. We had a fab lunch in the garden at my work which was only slightly marred by a little rain. The went home and changed and then headed out for the amazing Dans le Noir. It is a restaurant in the Marais run by blind people. It is a full dinner experience in total darkness. The waiting staff are all blind and help you to your table where you sit and eat in the dark. The three of us opted for the surprise menu while Nicky went for the safer ordering option. It was great fun trying to guess what we were eating. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something different. To top it, it was not too dear and the food was fab.

On the Monday public holiday, I sadly farewelled Lee and Anth and made my way home to try and sort things out. It seems I haven't been home much recently as you will know if you read this much! A nap was definitely called for and a quiet one all around.

Am off to Morocco for a week on Saturday and I can't wait. Before that I am visiting the Buddha Bar for the first time tonight with Kirstin and it is Nicky's leaving drinks tomorrow night from work which should be great fun.

All in all, a lovely end to summer (not that I hope summer is ending but it looks a lot that way).

Bises to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide